Yes. Dronelink has added beta support for several different languages, which can be changed in the mobile app and web app.
Want to help with improving translations?
Initial supported languages have been auto-generated and have errors.
We are actively seeking fluent and active Dronelink pilots to assist us with translation corrections. Contact email@example.com if you'd like to help and receive credits towards a professional account.
Check below for languages we still need assistance with.
Supported Languages (beta)
- French (Français) - in progress
- Spanish (Español) - in progress
- Swedish (Svenska) - in progress
- Romanian (Română) - in progress
- German (Deutsch) - assistance needed
- Hindi (हिंदी) - assistance needed
- Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) - assistance needed
- Italian (Italiano) - assistance needed
- Polish (Polski) - assistance needed
- Portuguese (Português) - assistance needed
- Russian (Русский) - assistance needed
- Urdu (اردو) - assistance needed
For languages that are not supported, we recommend enabling auto generated translations from your web browser, although the mobile app still needs to use one of the supported languages.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to help and receive credits towards your account.
If you want to assist with a language that is not listed above, please contact us.
How to Change Languages?
By default the app will use your system default, set by your mobile phone or computer.
To change the language, open the hamburger menu in the web app or the mobile app, and then select the language.
Enabling Auto-Translations for Not Supported Languages
If your language is not in the list above, the web app and mobile mission planner can be automatically translated within a web browser. The mobile app and Flight Dashboard cannot be auto-translated and will still be in the language you have selected.
For the web app, you should see a prompt from Chrome to enable translations; however if you don't see this, follow these instructions.
For the web app on a mobile device, you should see a prompt from Chrome to enable translations; however if you don't see this, follow these instructions.