The Capture Priority setting in a Map or Facade component determines how photos are triggered during the map mission. The Capture Mode must be set to Photo for this setting.
Set Mission Planner to Expert Mode and open Advanced Settings.
The 2 options are:
- "Distance" (default setting):
- Triggers the camera once the drone reaches a specific position on the flight path.
- Advantages include: higher accuracy overlaps in varying wind conditions, edit photo type, slow down the drone for higher quality photos, and keep flight path within the map boundary.
- "Time" (curved flight path between sections):
- Utilizes intervalometer photo mode to trigger photos based on time (such as every 2 seconds).
- Disadvantages are that wind conditions will impact overlaps and image count per section, and drone flies outside of the mapping boundary.
Maps and Facade Missions use Distance capture priority by default when added. Additional advanced configuration settings when using Distance Capture Priority, such as Photo Type, Capture Speed are limited to the Growth plan.
Distance Capture Priority
Distance Capture priority triggers the camera at specific locations in the mission and does not use intervalometer mode to determine capture locations. This setting enables additional options, such as changing the photo type as well as the speed at which the data is captured. It is possible to stop the drone at each photo using this option.
Distance Capture Priority missions do not overshoot the map boundary.
Time Capture Priority
Using Time priority, the drone takes photos every 2s or whatever the specified min capture interval time is. Dronelink will adjust the flight speed to achieve the required overlaps, this speed stays consistent during the flight.
All Time Capture Priority missions will overshoot the boundary of the capture area in order to allow the drone to achieve a specific speed before starting the intervalometer.
Photo Type - Distance Capture Priority
With Distance Capture Priority, you can set a Photo Type. With the Mission Planner in Expert Mode and Advanced Settings open. Select the Photo Type next to the Capture Mode.
Capture Speed - Distance Capture Priority
With Distance Capture Priority, you can set a Slower Capture Speed and even bring the drone to nearly a complete stop to take a photo, greatly improving quality of photos for certain drones, but significantly increasing mission length.
Notice that the drone slows down to take each photo to our desired capture speed; which greatly helps reduce rolling shutter issues when imaging at a low sample distance.