The Quick Start Series is designed to get you flying as soon as possible and will build a base of knowledge in Dronelink from which you can continue your journey and explore more advanced functionality.
The series covers multiple starting points for new users.
- On-the-fly Waypoint and Follow Missions
- Use only the mobile app to quickly create a mission using a on-the-fly function. See a waypoint path and follow function in action.
- Pre-Planned Waypoint Template Mission, Planning and Pre-Visualization Tools
- Learn to Create a new mission plan starting with a simple waypoint path template, preview it and fly it in the mobile app.
- Pre-Planned Mapping Template Mission, Resuming Missions, Terrain Follow and In-Field Editing
- Start with a simple map path template, edit basic settings, preview and fly in mobile app.
- Understanding, Copying and Editing an Existing Waypoint Mission
- Break down a more advanced flight plan, learn how to copy it into your account, make changes and fly it
Start by watching the following 3 First Flight videos, which are enough for most users to get started flying right away. Continue to the following articles for more details and learning more about core concepts.
1 - First Flights - On-The-Fly Waypoint Path and GPS Follow
2 - First Flights - Waypoint Mission Planning, 3D Preview and Flight
3 - First Flights - Mapping Mission Planning, 3D Preview and Flight
4 - Understanding, Copying and Editing an Existing Mission - The Quick Start Plan
It's possible to easily copy a public mission plan to a location of your choice and make changes. The Quick Start Plan showcases some more advanced features, multiple components, and captures 3 different cinematic video clips. It takes under 9 minutes to fly.
The Quick Start Plan (click to open)
See the resulting edited output:
Above we saw 2 types of missions possible with Dronelink. Here is a summary:
|Use the mobile app only to generate and fly a mission using the drone to mark key inputs. Fastest way to get started.||Create a mission plan on the web and fly with mobile app. Start with a template or copy an existing mission to your location and edit.|
Info: During your exploration of Dronelink, you may be prompted to upgrade if you select a feature not included in your account. When you upgrade a hobbyist account, you only pay the price difference between the 2 plans. Learn about account upgrades here.