The Quick Start Series is designed to get you flying as soon as possible and will build a base of knowledge in Dronelink from which you can continue your journey and explore more advanced functionality.
The series covers multiple starting points for new users.
- On-the-fly Waypoint and Follow Missions
- Use only the mobile app to quickly create a mission using a on-the-fly function (lightning bolt). See a waypoint path and follow function in action.
- Pre-Planned Waypoint Template Mission, Planning and Pre-Visualization Tools
- Learn to Create a new mission plan starting with a simple waypoint path template in the web mission planner, preview it in 3D and fly it.
- Pre-Planned Mapping Template Mission, Resuming Missions, Terrain Follow and In-Field Editing
- Start with a simple map path template, edit basic settings, preview and fly it. Perform a battery swap and mission resume. Make mission plan edits in the mobile app, and turn on terrain follow
- Understanding, Copying and Editing an Existing Waypoint Mission
- Break down a more advanced flight plan with multiple components, learn how to copy it into your account, make changes and fly it
Start by watching the following 3 First Flight videos, which are enough for most users to get started flying right away. Continue with the series to keep learning even more.
1 - On-The-Fly Waypoint Path and GPS Follow
2 - Waypoint Mission Planning, 3D Preview and Flight
3 - Mapping Mission Planning, 3D Preview and Flight
4 - Understanding, Copying and Editing an Existing Mission - The Quick Start Plan
Easily copy a public mission plan to a new location and make changes. The Quick Start Plan showcases some more advanced features, multiple components, and captures 3 different cinematic video clips. It takes under 9 minutes to fly.
The Quick Start Plan (click to open)
See the resulting edited output:
There are 2 main different mission type in Dronelink:
On-the-fly Missions: Use the mobile app only to generate and fly a mission using the drone to mark key inputs. Fastest way to get started.
Mission Plans: Create a mission plan on the web, preview, edit, and fly with mobile app. Start with a template or copy an existing mission to your location and edit.
Info: During your exploration of Dronelink, you may be prompted to upgrade if you select a feature not included in your account. When you upgrade a hobbyist account, you only pay the price difference between the 2 plans. Learn about account upgrades here.